If you are already thinking the year is over, STOP! We still plenty of business days and business hours to tie up lose ends and add to our total production for the year.
I have sold 4 houses in the last week and have 3 listing appointments next week despite the time of year. I promise you people are still out there buying and selling and there’s no reason for you not to be the agent in the middle helping them! On Monday of this week there were over 60 expired listings in my market and a stack of new FSBO’s I pulled from Craigslist. While these folks may not actually list buy or sell during the next three weeks, this is a great way to fill your pipeline for business in 2014.
Here is the link to purchase the audio copy of the 6 week expired and fsbo course I just fnished:
This will teach you everything you need to know to take more expired and fsbo listings!
I want to share some ideas of what I’m doing right now to plan for the finish of this year and beginning of next in hopes that it will help you finish strong and start next year off ahead of the game.
1. Clean up and clean out your office, desk, files, etc. get your entire office organized and ready for next year.
2. Send out a copy of the HUD 1 to any and all clients that bought or sold with you this year with a letter wishing them a happy new year the 1st of Jan for the convenience of their tax return in case they lost their copy in the midst of their move. Adopt the buyer as your client if they bought your listing and send one to them as well.
3. Start getting your tax stuff together and organized so it’s not hanging over your head. The more we can check off our to do list before next year the better off.
4. Clean up and clean out your house. Give stuff to goodwill that you don’t wear or use, now is the perfect time to contribute these types of things.
5. Decide what you’re going to do next year. Create a quick, clean business / life plan for yourself. Some things to think about:
How many homes do you want to sell?
How much money do you want to make?
How many vacations do you want to go on? When? Where?
How do you want to contribute next year?
Who is on your support team and do they know they are and what you’re counting on them for?
What have you always wanted to do that you keep saying “someday” I’ll do this or that? Can you make it happen next year?
What type of coaching and training do you need next year?
6. Do something this year for the holidays that you’ve always wanted to do but never have
7. Call all your past clients and wish them a happy holiday and see who they know of that may be thinking of buying or selling or if you can be of help to them in any way.
8. Look at your budget for next year and determine where you’ll be spending your business dollars.
9. Decide if there’s something you need to invest in before the end of the year for tax purposes.
10. Choose to BE the difference in your life and the lives of others around you.
I was on a coaching call the other day with a Realtor that I coach in AZ and she was saying that she felt her job had no meaning.
I told her to think about all the lives that we impact by selling just one house. There are our clients, the other Realtor involved, the lender, their employees, the closing company, their employees, the inspectors, their employees and probably a few others I’ve missed. For every home we sell we bring business and job security to so many people other than just ourselves.
We help our clients close one door and open another not only to houses, but to their lives. I am sincerely thankful for having the opportunity to sell homes and make a difference in other’s lives.
If there’s anything I can do to support you with your business or creating your life by design, please let me know.
I have an 8 week course coming up in January that I would like to invite you to, here is the description:
In this 8 week tele course with Christy she’ll reveal ALL her scripts, 8 new NLP language patterns, she’ll coach and teach you everything she does to consistently sell over 100 homes a year. This year despite the market she has already sold 105 homes as of 12/3. Christy is passionate about sharing everything she’s learned in her 23+ years in real estate. In this course she’ll teach you what she’s learned along the way that works and what doesn’t in the business. She wants to inspire you to grow your business to whatever level you want to go and to give you the skills, scripts, systems, and mindset it takes to get there. Buy now to sign up now as participation will be kept to a minimum. Each call will be on Thursday’s from 1:00-2:00 beginning Jan 23rd.
And here is the link to sign up:
Christy Crouch is the co-founder of You’re The Difference Sales & Life Coaching, co-author of the highly acclaimed real estate objection handler book, Now What Do I Say? a collection of more than 400 answers to over 70 of the most common questions and objections faced in the real estate industry. She is still an active agent in Virginia, has participated in closing thousands of transactions in her career, was inducted in the RE/MAX Hall of Fame for her production. Christy is in the top 2.3% of her marketplace.