So in the midst of leading an 8 week course coaching Realtors on what to do and say to grow their business I asked them some questions so we could work on the answers as part of the content for the calls each week. Here is what they said:
The first question I asked was what are the objections you’re most afraid or concerned about getting here’s the list they came up with:
1. Are you going to show a buyer my house? The last listing agent never showed my house
2. We got offers too soon, we under priced our home
3. I want MY price I don’t care how long it takes
4. Tired of the process. We’ve decided to rent it instead of selling
5. I want you the listing agent to be at every showing
6. Why should I hire/list with you?
7. You’ve told me about the company, now tell me about you
8. How many listings have you sold
9. What will you do differently than any other agent
10. The market is really hot right now, I think I’ll try it on my own
11. How many homes have you sold in the area?
12. You do not have as much experience as other agents I’m talking to
13. I have heard of your company but not you
14. What sets you apart from other agents?
I then asked them what they felt their biggest challenges in the business are and here’s what they said:
1. Allowing daily issues or life to stop me from what I need to do to accomplish my goals
2. Fear of going for the luxury market.
3. Fear of succeeding and making others uncomfortable
4. Confidence at the listing presentation
5. Looking like a deer in headlights when the seller asks me a question I don’t know the answer to
6. Systems/process in place to service sellers
7. Taking the listing at a higher price and it not selling
8. The folks not liking me
9. Sticking to my schedule
10. Letting others affect my emotions and mindset
11. Reading my emails
12. Fear of doing business with a person of superior education such as doctors and lawyers
13. Fear of not knowing what to say
14. Fear of not knowing the correct answer to the question
15. Fear of my brain freezing under stress
16. Staying focused on the task at hand. There is so much to do and I worry about getting it all done. A lot of times I end up not completing anything
17. The discipline to do what I need to do daily to get the end result I desire
18. Getting upset with the time it takes to get paid once you start the process
19. Constantly feeling overwhelmed
20. Constantly worrying about remembering all the things I need to remember all the time
As we go through the next 7 weeks of the course I’ll be answering these questions and having discussions about them. I will share those in upcoming Blogs.
I wanted to share this list first b/c one of the biggest Ah ha’s we experience is that … every other Realtor has the same fears and concerns and hang ups as the other! You’re not alone out there.
In one of my group coaching calls the other day I had a Realtor say she was having a tough time writing her year end letter and all the things she wants to accomplish this year. She said she kept thinking, that’ll never happen and couldn’t put it on paper because of the blocks her mind was creating for her.
I shared two stories with her that I wanted to share with you as well. The other day I registered by daugther for The Landmark Forum for young people. If you aren’t familiar with Landmark, Google landmarkeduction.com and if you haven’t been to The Forum it’s something I strongly encourage.
So as part of the registration process for The Forum, one of the leaders has to speak to the young person you are registering. My daughter is nine and she had her call on Tuesday. It was about 45 minutes long and I had to be on the call with her and the leader as her parent. The leader asked Jordin what breakthroughs she wanted to have in her Forum. Well at 9 years old Jordin didn’t really understand what a breakthrough is. She’s heard me talk about it from time to time and her older brother who’s also been through The Forum but she didn’t quite know how to answer the question.
The leader asked if she could share an example. She asked Jordin if she knew how to ride a bike. Of course she said yes. The leader then asked, do you remember when you didn’t know how to ride a bike? Jordin said yes. She then asked, do you remember who taught you how to ride a bike and the very moment that you learned how to ride? She said yes, my grandfather. The leader then asked how he taught her. Jordin said he held the back of my seat and walked along while I tried to ride. The leader asked her if she had her balance and believed she could do it without her grandfather holding the seat or was she afraid. Jordin said I was afraid and I kept asking him not to let go. The leader asked her if there was a moment where she suddenly realized grandad was no longer holding the seat and suddenly she was riding free without help and keeping her balance. The look on Jordin’s face was priceless and of course she said yes, that’s exactly how it happened.
See we can have the same breakthroughs in our life right now no matter what age or what the barrier is. We just have to believe it’s possible. And it can happen just like that, in a moment. One moment something seems completley impossible and the next moment it’s become a reality for us!
One of the Realtors I coach called me the other day and told me she booked an appointment with a 1.7 MILLION dollar expired listing. I was speechless at first because for her that’s HUGE breakthrough. She was at first afraid of making the calls, afraid of getting the objections, afraid of setting the appointment because she was afraid of what to say on the listing presentation and how to handle questions and objections that would come up there. She faced the fear and called anyway. Initially he was not so interested and she mailed a package of information. A week later HE CALLED HER to schedule an appointment to meet.
This leads me to the next story I wanted to share. As I was working in my office this week I had a Tony Robbins audio program playing in the background. I heard him telling a story about the clients he was coaching. He said he couldn’t understand why they try something for a period of time and then because they aren’t getting immediate results they decide to quit or try something different out of frustration. He asked them if they had ever experienced a child attempting to go from crawling to walking. Of course everyone said yes. He said how many times do you think the child attempts to walk before they give up? The crowd was a bit silent. He answered EXACTLY… as many times as it takes, they don’t decide this isn’t working let me give up and try something different. They actually commit to walking until the walk. There are no barriers, no blocks, no story or stuff to stand in their way.
He asked what the difference between them and us is. The answer is nothing but being in our own way. If we choose to get out of our own we we can be, do, and have anything we want! He went on to ask if we would have ever told that child to give up and try something different as they were attempting to walk. Of coures no one would ever do that. We would support them to the end until the had the breakthrough of going from crawling to walking.
Whatever it is you’re trying to do in your life is just like this. Don’t ever give up. Remain consistent with what you’re attempting to do. Believe it’s possible and commit to having it happen.
If I can be of support to you, I would love to be a part of your world. I just finally got my live listing presentation video available if you’d like to discover what I say and do on a listing presentation, click here to order your instant downloadable copy:
I also have the most recent 6 week expired and fsbo course I led available for purchase if you’d like to discover exactly how to take more expired and fsbo listings click here to purchaser your copy:
And if you are truly interested in taking your business to new heights, email me to talk about coaching with me personally at firstname.lastname@example.org
“Christy Crouch is the co-founder of You’re The Difference Sales & Life Coaching, co-author of the highly acclaimed real estate objection handler book, Now What Do I Say? a collection of more than 400 answers to over 70 of the most common questions and objections faced in the real estate industry. She is still an active agent in Virginia, has participated in closing thousands of transactions in her career, and was inducted in the RE/MAX Hall of Fame for her production. Christy is in the top 2.3% of her marketplace, the mother of two adoring children, a runner, cyclist, and enjoys karate, reading, writing, and spending time with her family in her free time.”