It’s that time of year again that’s perfect for change. It’s a new school year, the time will soon be changing, the leaves will be changing, the season will be changing and my question to you is, are you ready to change?
Change is the only constant in our world and there’s no need to resist it and all the need to embrace it if you want to continue to grow and thrive in all areas of your life and your business.
Undoubtedly 2009 has proved to be a challenging year in our business and right now is the time to make necessary changes to ensure that 2010 is a better year.
We all know that the competition is stronger than ever before, it’s harder to get listings sold, and to get the buyers to commit.
Our sales skills, communication skills, and follow up need to be stronger now than ever before.
We need to have a solid business plan with an efficient daily schedule for creating and producing new business, as well as taking exquisite care of our current clients and following up with our past clients to answer their questions, concerns, and uncertainties in this market.
Set yourself up with some new ways of finding new business for yourself. Come on guys, you can’t keep waiting for it, you’ve got to go out and create it. Here are some tips I gave a few months ago that I wanted you to revisit. If you haven’t put them into action, why not? and when will you take action to create change in your business?
1. Put time in your daily schedule to do something to generate NEW business either by phone, in person, by mail, or email. Do something to create new leads for yourself.
2. Do something positive for your mindset. Read a book, listen to an audio program, write some affirmations.
3. Get with someone who has already done the production level that you are looking to move to and interview them.
4. Write a mini business plan for the remainder of the year and go ahead and write your 2010 business plan.
5. Practice like the pros do. We have all kinds of things we can practice in this business, generating business, the listing appointment, handling objections, negotiating, closing, and I could go on and on. How much time are you spending sharpening your skills so you can be the best for your customers & clients?
6. Let go of fear. It serves no purpose inside this business. You can do whatever level of production you want, just go for it!
7. Watch what other agents in your marketplace are doing and do something different. Find other top agents across the United States and find out what they’re doing.
8. Clean up, clean out, and organize your entire life. Your office, your car, your home. This will clear space for new things to come!
9. Tell everyone what you’re up to and what your goals are. They’ll automatically hold you accountable.
10. Consider getting a role play and / or accountability partner to take the journey with you on what you’re committed to accomplishing in your life and in your business.
I invite you to call or email me personally with any questions about how to create change in your business. I have been in the business for 20 plus years and have been consistently selling over 100 homes a year on average. I have systems, scripts, ideas and training that can take you to the next level.
Call me today for a free 30 minute coaching call to see if some of the programs and coaching that Scott Friedman, my partner and I, have will benefit you and allow me to personally answer any questions that you have about building your business. Our direct number is 609-601-1296.
Scott and I are committed to your success and appreciate you reading our blogs and articles and hope you find them helpful in your business.