As we are quickly approaching the half way mark for 2009, it’s time to seriously look at where your production is, and recommit to where you want it to be at the end of this year.
At the beginning of the year I shared some quick and easy guidelines for writing a business plan. Hopefully you took that on, or some version of a business plan and have been looking at it consistently throughout this year. Sadly, most of us including myself, don’t look at our business plan, goals, and visions as often as we should.
I challenge you to write a 2nd half of the year business plan. Look at where you are so far, and where you want to be year end and then design a plan to get there. You can base your overall plan on commissions earned, deals, or gross commission income. I base everything I do on the number of homes I sell.
So far this year I am at 41 closed and pending sales with a goal of 100 deals. I have been consistenlty selling an average of 110 homes a year for the last 10 years. Last year and so far this year, my production is behind as a result of the market conditions. My goal is to break the 100 mark this year despite the market. I met with my team earlier this week and we have committed to making this happen. We all revised our own business plans and our team plan for the remainder of the year. I am sharing this with you in hopes to motivate and inspire you to do the same.
I heard someone say they other day, and I apologize I can’t remember who but I quote, “The best way to heal a recession is to say, What recession”. That has become my new motto for the remainder of the year.
I honestly feel that most markets have started to improve and will continue to atleast incrementally get better as we move forward. I think fall time we will really start to see things begin to shift.
Now is the time for us to begin to prepare for 2010 being OUR year! What we do in the 3rd and 4th quarters of this year will determine how the 1st quarter of 2010 is for us. It’s time to put the pedal to the medal and get busy.
Here is a quick overview of what’s in my business plan:
I break it down on a monthly basis and determine the following for each month:
1. How many days I will work each month
2. How many listings I will take each month
3. How many listings I will sell each month
4. How many buyer sales I will make each month
5. How many price reductions I will get each month
6. Which book I will read each month that will enhance my plan
7. Which audio program I will listen to each month that will enhance my plan
I believe in keeping it simple so that I don’t allow overwhelm or doubt to creep into my daily activities and thoughts.
If you don’t know how to get more business right away, please view my previous article and blog, How To Take More Listings.
Here are the top 10 things I feel are most important to succeed right now and I am doing them all myself as well.
1. Practice, practice and practice your scripts for generating business, your listing presentation, and your objection handling skills.
2. Do something everyday in your business to generate NEW business.
3. Follow up and stay in touch with your past clients via phone, email and mail.
4. Take excellent care of your current clients. OVER service them right now. They need it in these uncertain market conditions.
5. Be coached. No one has accomplished anything really great without coaches, leaders, and mentors. If you don’t have one, get one! You know you aren’t going to hold yourself as accountable as a coach would so stop living in the bleachers and get on the court!
6. Read great books and listen to great audio programs DAILY that will help move your mindset and your business forward.
7. Exercise. This speaks for itself and is absolutely critical in maintaining the energy and mindste it takes to produce in sales at a high level. Besides, it’s great for your overall health and well being.
8. Follow a daily schedule. If you need help figuring out a daily schedule for yourself, email me and I’ll help. You have to have a schedule in this business in order to sell in high volume, it’s simply a must.
9. Have systems in place for everything you do. Don’t do anything on a whim.
10. Have fun.
Hopefully this is helpful to you and inspires you to take action toward finishing 2009 powerfully.
Scott and I invite you to join us for our two forums, Ask The Coaches, and The Objection Handling Workshop. Both are a 30 minute call each week with Scott and myself. Ask The Coaches is a forum with agents across the US interacting together and asking questions on how to improve and do more business. The Objection Handling Workshop is exactly that, a forum with Scott and myself where we teach you and help you to powerfully and confidently handle any objection that you come across.
Each forum is $99 a month for all 4 calls or $149 for both including 8 calls each month. Simply email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 609-601-1296 to jump in.
If you haven’t recently visited our website to see the amazing sales we are having on our Now What Do I Say? products, please do… www.yourethedifference.com.